The one thing you must know before purchasing siding and windows.
In the state of Arkansas, there are no requirements or standards for siding installation. Studies show that a staggering 93% of all warranty claims can be traced back to improper installation. It's imperative that you require credentials to protect yourself and your investment.
Why you should choose the only Mastic Elite Contractor in central Arkansas.
- We have VSI certified installers on staff.
- We take training courses to keep up with the latest products and techniques.
- The company owner has 18 years of experience selling and installing siding, windows and gutters.
- We have a BBB score of 100%.
- We have demonstrated a commitment to making reasonable and prompt efforts to address customer concerns.
- We have current liability insurance and a worker's compensation policy.
- We have a contractors license.
- We make the majority of our purchases from Mastic.
- We have a privilege license.
- We attend orientation training with the regional manager.
- We are bonded where required.
- We have the approval of the Mastic territory sales manager.
- We provide the Dream Home Makeover service.
What to consider when selecting a siding and window company.
- Are they legitimate? A reputable company, like Sharp Exteriors, intends to stay in business to service its customers. In doing so, we accept that certain expenses are necessary and consider them part of standard operating costs. Important things like: general liability insurance, contractor's license, privilege license, worker's compensation policy, training fees and taxes. While individuals and businesses who don't pay for these things can save you money on the front end, take a minute to think about what this really means. How can you trust a warranty from a person or company that's not willing to accept such costs?
- Do they have a contractor's license? Sharp Exteriors has an unlimited license. The state of Arkansas requires any contractor who is paid $2000 or more for work on one project must have a license, and any company who is paid more than $20,000 on one project must have an unlimited license. A contractor's license also indicates a positive debt-to-income ratio, making it more likely a company will be still be in business if and when you need them. And you can be certain a licensed contractor maintains general liability insurance.
- What kind of labor warranty do they offer? Sharp Exteriors provides a lifetime labor warranty. This is the only real way to know if you're getting value for your money. A lot of homeowners that accept a one- or two-year warranty don't realize their mistake until it's too late. The corners cut by some installers to save time aren't visible until wood has rotted or fasteners have failed. Studies show that a staggering 93% of all warranty cliams can be traced back to improper installation. A legitimate business will provide a lifetime labor warranty so you can be sure it's done right.
- What kind of material warranty do they offer? As a Mastic Elite Contractor, Sharp Exteriors offers a non-prorated double lifetime warranty that covers replacement materials and labor costs in the event a product is defective. While many warranties are called "lifetime warranties," you should never accept a lifetime warranty that is pro-rated, or does not cover labor costs in the event a product is defective.
- Are they experts? At Sharp Exteriors, we have been remodeling exteriors for more than 15 years. We urge you to be wary of companies who's focus isn't specific. While some of these company's owners have good intentions, it takes years of job-site experience to spot potential problems. Often times the homeowner is completely at the mercy of a 3rd party sub-contractor. When a company owner, supervisor or salesperson has no installation experience, they can't possibly know if their products are being installed correctly.
- How long will it take? At Sharp Exteriors, we take the time to do it right. A good job can take twice as long as a cover up. If their emphasis is on speed, they are thinking about one thing...getting your money.